Monday, May 9, 2011

Standing on the Promises

Words & Music: R. Kel­so Car­ter, in Prom­is­es of Per­fect Love, by John Swe­ney and Kel­so Car­ter (Phil­a­del­phia, Penn­syl­van­ia: John J. Hood, 1886) (MI­DI, score).

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain

One of the most beautiful hymns. If only we would remember God's promises as we go about our day, week, month....life. To be ever listening to our God's voice, to know it, seek it, and heed it. Is God your all in all? How freeing our life would be if we would make Him our everything.

I challenge everyone to a 30 day prayer challenge. Pray for someone specifically you know who is not saved; pray for your pastor; pray for someone you know who is struggling; pray for God to bring you opportunity to share Him with others; pray that you might be a mighty warrior in His army.

Many feel prayer has to be done on your knees, at meal time, bedtime or at church but don't limit yourself to just these times. I pray while I'm driving (yes, with my eyes open), while I do the dishes, clean the house, basically whenever God calls something to my mind that needs my attention.

If you don't know God or want a deeper relationship with Him but don't know how....please, email me and we can take this walk together.

Sweet Prince,

I offer my life to you. I pray for each person who reads this blog that they may seek new ways to serve You. I ask that each person's relationship with You be deepened and bare much fruit. May the harvest be great from our prayers for the unsaved. It is only thru You a person finds thier way to You but You have commanded us to pray for the salvation of all. We praise You for allowing us to share in this great time.

Please, bring revival to us. We praise Your name for all that You do for us and thru us.

In Your Son's Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Sweet Pea's Designs