Sunday, November 21, 2010


Hymn of the day:
Just a Closer Walk With Thee
Words: Unknown author.

Music: Closer Walk, traditional folk song (MIDI, score).

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Refrain

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Refrain


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! Amazing this is what we should all strive for...a closer walk with our Father...if we do that then everything else will fall into place.

Today I did not go to church but spent the time with two of my most favorite families. I babysat for one family, while the parents did some charity work, and had dinner with the other. Sweet time but a blessing from God. He has brought me many who may not be related biologically (as the world sees it) but our brother, Jesus Christ, binds us together stronger than our blood. The children of several families are like my own grandchildren and I love these families deeply and it is through God that I have this and that is what I am thankful for today and everyday.

If you would like to be a member of God's family all you have to do is ask God. If you want to accept Christ as your savior just email me and I will answer your questions.

Dear Lord,

What an awesome God you are. You brought me children and grandchildren that my heart has always desired and the blessings flow both ways...only You can orchestrate such a union. You provide for all my needs and many of my wants. I pray that many will take an opportunity to get to know You and feel Your love as I have.

Walk with us this week and point out all that we have to be thankful for everyday. As we sit with our families and friends this Thanksgiving may we lift of prayers of Thanksgiving for all those who are fighting for our protection and freedom. God we lift all the families of those who are far away fighting and ask that You touch their hearts and make the separation tolerable.

Thank you Sweet Prince!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Sweet Pea's Designs