Friday, November 12, 2010

Today's hymn:

Just As I Am

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: Charlotte Elliott, 1835; first appeared in The Christian Remembrancer, whose editor Elliott became in 1836. The last verse is from Elliott’s Hours of Sorrow Cheered and Comforted, 1836.

Music: Woodworth, William B. Bradbury, Mendelssohn Collection, or Third Book of Psalmody (New York: 1849) (MI?DI, score). Al?ter?nate tunes:

Miss Charlotte Elliott was visiting some friends in the West End of London, and there met the eminent minister, César Malan. While seated at supper, the minister said he hoped that she was a Christian. She took offense at this, and replied that she would rather not discuss that question. Dr. Malan said that he was sorry if had offended her, that he always liked to speak a word for his Master, and that he hoped that the young lady would some day become a worker for Christ. When they met again at the home of a mutual friend, three weeks later, Miss Elliott told the minister that ever since he had spoken to her she had been trying to find her Saviour, and that she now wished him to tell her how to come to Christ. “Just come to him as you are,” Dr. Malan said. This she did, and went away rejoicing. Shortly afterward she wrote this hymn.

A sweet and simple explanation of how to come to Christ. If you would like to receive Christ as your Lord and Savior just ask Him. Feel free to email me if you have questions on how to do this.

As a Christian it is important that we spend time with God. We must grow in our relationship with Him. As in any relationship, in order for it to become strong and flourish, you must invest time in it. Communication (prayer) is the key. Walk with Him and talk with Him. Listen for His voice. Train yourself to know His voice, His presence, and His will.

Today's thankful challenge: I am thankful that I have jobs that allow me to provide for my family and to witness to others.

Daddy,

We run to You and throw our arms around Your neck. Hold us close and let us feel Your presence. Speak to us so we know Your voice. Inspire us to read Your word so we may know Your will.

Thank you for always being there in good times and bad. I am never alone even when I stand in the woods and no other person is present..You are always near.

Guide us as we walk with You and let us be Your light in this dark world. May we speak Your words and live them so we will be a living testimony for You.

Good night, Daddy..give us rest. May we sleep in Your arms.

In Your son's name,
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Sweet Pea's Designs