Thursday, November 11, 2010

If a hymn can be a theme song this is mine: "In the Garden"
Here are the words:

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

Refrain
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

Refrain

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Refrain

So powerful and so true.

Words & Music: C. Aus?tin Miles, March 1912 (MI?DI, score):

I read…the story of the greatest morn in history: “The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, while it was yet very dark, unto the sepulcher.” Instantly, completely, there unfolded in my mind the scenes of the garden of Joseph….Out of the mists of the garden comes a form, halting, hesitating, tearful, seeking, turning from side to side in bewildering amazement. Falteringly, bearing grief in every accent, with tear-dimmed eyes, she whispers, “If thou hast borne him hence”… “He speaks, and the sound of His voice is so sweet the birds hush their singing.” Jesus said to her, “Mary!” Just one word from his lips, and forgotten the heartaches, the long dreary hours….all the past blotted out in the presence of the Living Present and the Eternal Future.

This week I have been listening to hymns while working and was amazed (not sure why) at how many refer to prayer and spending precious time with our Lord. Daily I listen for His voice and it still thrills me to this day when He calls me by name.


My beautiful friend Audrey is adding a place to add prayer requests. Once you see this addition feel free to ask for prayer and I will do so. God wants us to bring everything in prayer.

I am here to offer guidance and prayer to all who ask. God has placed this blog and mission on my heart and I will carry it out....with God's sweet help.

Dear Heavenly Father;

We come to you heavy hearted we lift up our cares and woes to You. We ask to hear Your sweet voice in our ears and ask that You help each of us to be obedient. Lord, move in our lives and touch us, bless us, and carry us when we can no longer walk. We give it all to You. In Your Son's Name, Amen.

Today's thankful challenge: I am thankful that God trusts me to be His Light in this fallen world. Won't you offer your life to Him? If have questions about this feel free to email me (on the left of this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Sweet Pea's Designs