Monday, November 15, 2010

What A Friend We Have In Jesus


Hymn of the day: "What a Friend We Have In Jesus"

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded there will be no need for prayer
Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.

Words: Joseph M. Scriven, 1855. Scriven wrote this hymn to comfort his mother, who was across the sea from him in Ireland. It was originally published anonymously, and Scriven did not receive full credit for almost 30 years.

Music: Erie, Charles C. Converse, 1868 (MIDI, score). In World War I, the tune was paired with the words to “When This Bloody War is Over.” Alternate tunes:

Jesus is the friend we can go to at anytime and He will never reject or turn from us. He accepts us with all our faults, habits and hangups. He wants to carry our load, hold us close, and spend eternity with us. If we only will accept Him as our Lord and Savior. If you want to take this step and have questions feel free to email me at the address on the left.

I daily am amazed at the depth of His love. He has never let me down even though I have often not been all that He has asked me to be. I look around and see all the blessing I have and feel the love of a God so sweet that I can't help but fall on my knees in worship of Him.

Prayer and worship, both pleasing to God, are the means to which we fellowship with Him. He created us to fellowship with Him, to worship Him, and to honor Him in all we do. I can not imagine not being able to run to Him in good times and bad, to crawl up in His lap for comfort, to have Him lift me high in the air because I bring Him joy. Did you know He finds joy in us? He does, just watching us carry out His works, hearing us worship Him, listening to our prayers all bring Him joy.

God in Heaven,

You are the most magnificent God. You came to earth so that we would no longer be separated from You by sin. You delight in us, just as an earthly parent delights in their children. I am amazed by You. I love You heart and soul.

Go with us, as we go about our lives, keep us safe, bless us, and guide us in all we do. Lord, we ask that You show us ways we can delight You and bring You joy.

Forgive us for our sins and help us to turn away from sin and run to You for Your strength.

I love you! Kisses and hugs.

IYSN,

Amen

I had more but my little dog, Tinkerbell, is asleep on the books I was going to use. So will catch up on the rest tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. It is beautifully written! I love that you used an older hymn to speak truth and relevancy into our lives. Jesus loves you and will never leave you. It does not matter what you have done, where you have been, or where you are now, God loves you! He is waiting for you. God’s love for you never dies. If you have any questions about having a personal loving relationship with Jesus please email Penny at jehovahsgirl@blackberry.net or me at mytinytruths@yahoo.com. In His Love~Audrey

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Sweet Pea's Designs